Mercado Libre Integration
Full redesign of Mercado Libre’s integration in Tienda Nube platform
If you want to check online the integration check the link below with the user firstname.lastname@example.org and password 12345
When I started this project, I had no idea that we had this feature in our platform. So this feature allows the customer to expand their opportunities of sales, exposing their product not only in their store but also in Mercado Libre is one of the biggest marketplace in LatinAmerica. Give them the possibility to maintain synchronized their product between both platforms.
It was a feature I had never used and I didn’t understand what value it had for our trials and customers. So the first thing that we made was to understand, what value provides for ours costumers and trials, and also in which condition the integration was, doing usability testing with to understand current problems.
We search for the following metrics:
- How much time spend exporting their product?
- How many imports they do?
- How many sales they have in Mercado Libre instead in their store.
We want to understand:
- What kind of value did the sellers find in the feature?
- How many users were using this feature?
- So we want to the canva method from design thinking to understand better the value proposition and our options
For the research, we create two different cohorts:
- Trials and Customers.
- We create different surveys, with a different approach to have more insights.
- The customers that already were using the integration, they find value, the find a way to share their product not only in one place.
- The Argentinian customers were more concern about price synchronization than Brazilian
- In both countries, they were very upset about the bugs that we have, such a bad synchronization: every time they made a change on the stock, the synchronization fails. This kind of bug can make a costumer leave the service.
Usability test to understand current problems
- They didn’t use the expression Publicar for the main action, instead, they use Exportar or Sincronizar. So the copy, in this case, was very important, it’s crucial to speak the same way as our customers.
- They wanted to have total control over the synchronization of their products.
- Difficult to select the same product’s categories to export to Mercado Libre.
- Challenge see how many product already are sync.
- Difficult to complete the step 4 (choose: size, colors and price).
- Difficult to stop the synchronization between products
New flows results
- Communicate efficiently that synchronization is applied to stock and price. It means, both the products of the store and those that are published in Mercado Libre will have the same stock and price.
- Organize the architecture, to look and have the same flow as the rest of the administrator screens. The main actions always in a primary button and the secondary actions in the drop-down menu.
- Show all the time in what state is the export and import.
- Have a listing with all the product that has been synchronized.
Once we finish the research, the flows on paper (we use a lot of crazy 8), the tests with clients (we use maze, a super useful tool to test large scale with missions).
We started with the redesign. Something very important and fundamental in the feature, was the ability to search for those who have a very large catalog. Also be able to export by category, since Mercado Libre uses the category navigation tree in all their marketplace.
We measure the project with Amplitude.
- We improve the speed and quantity of exports and imports
- The second design converted 5% more than the previous one (we didn’t launch at all base)
- Create the new architecture.
- User cases. Understand Mercado Libre’s business and do a match with Tienda Nube’s interesting too.
- Wireframe, sketch and create the UI for the feature.
- Testing with users with Maze.
- Develop the interface
LEARNING AND FAILURES
- I learned to cross information about the business, taking care of the clients, but without forgetting the interests of both companies.
- We held meetings and catchup every week to better understand the course of the project.
- We learned to estimate our work better. Do not underestimate time
We were able to apply everything we learned from our research. We left a development that improved the experience of the people.
Below you will be able to find some examples of pencil and paper and how it was before.